Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My President is Black!!!!


(listening to Jay-Z's DC mix of this post's title on repeat right now...) 

I can't even begin to explain yesterday - the excitement, the emotion, the fun, the people...it was truly a remarkable time to be in D.C., to be young, to be black, and, frankly, to be American. For the first time since election night, I didn't bother to pepper my joy with the cynicism and reality that colors my speech daily in order to temper expectations and be honest about the work that is to come. Instead I walked and stood for a total of 8 hours in freezing D.C. weather and partied all night long. 

Check out live - and slightly shaky - footage from Barack & Michelle's appearance at our ball, the Official Youth Ball at the Washington Hilton:


No comments:

Post a Comment