Tuesday, October 7, 2008
BREAKING NEWS: A Slap in the Face from Wall Street
Seriously? Less than one week after taxpayers like you and me bailed out AIG insurance company, executives from the wall street giant headed to a week-long retreat at a luxury resort and spa in California. And spent nearly $440,000 on rooms, massages, pedicures and other luxuries. Funds are so tight that I had to cancel my next hair appointment and fat cats are rolling like this?
"This unbridled greed," said Cong. Mark Souder (R-IN), "it's an insensitivity to how people are spending our dollars."
I have a few stronger words for them than that. This sort of arrogance and economic disparity says something about the shaky foundation on which this entire country was built: Debt, prosperity, oppression and elitism. Our government sings fairness, justice, and equality on the notes of the national anthem and turns around and spits a quick sixteen of "I Get Money" right on the backs of everyday low income and working class Americans.
Anybody else ready for a change?
- Own Your Politics: Obama's 30 Minutes of Fame
- For Some Young People, It IS All About Obama
- Own Your Politics: Don't Make Me a Liar
- On Affirmative Action
- Michelle Obama's Bust: Your Call
- BREAKING NEWS: A Slap in the Face from Wall Street...
- Read It: The Green Collar Economy
- Josh Howard & the Election
- Donna Brazile Unplugged
- The McCain Campaign
- Funny....funny....not funny
- ▼ October (11)